The Philippine Underground Gamers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Forum
 Portal
 Webmail
 Photo Gallery
 Events Calendar
 Rating System
 Registration Forms
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates
tabletopwars

Advertisement
Fight Klub is here!

Contact us for banner placements at admin@thepugs.org

Post-mortem... P•U•G•S in TAG-COM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fVector
Admin
fVector

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post-mortem... P•U•G•S in TAG-COM Empty
PostSubject: Post-mortem... P•U•G•S in TAG-COM   Post-mortem... P•U•G•S in TAG-COM EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 11:27 pm

Greetings,

With the TAGCOM under our belt, and while it's not yet a hazy memory for me, here are my observations of our participation in that event.

WARNING, this is a long post.  Without further ado and in no particular order...

1. Loudspeakers are our bane!
Even when I did RPG demos for AEGIS, we'd always be stuck near one (I R Kursed?) - set to the only volume these people know: unbearable.  Despite that, I was able to demo Fight Klub at least 3 times, by the second day I realized we need some throat lozenge.

Hopefully we'll be positioned as far away from the loudspeakers the next time we participate in an event.

2. The banners really got attention.
There were a good number of people that actually took pics of Rambo.  While there were some that would point out to their friends / family members of which CCG they played.

We even got some that asked if we were selling those CCGs that we featured - which was always a good way of talking to them about P•U•G•S.

3. Cheap X-braces are really cheap!
Although they are a steal at 300 pesos, both of the brand new X-braces that we got to hold the banners were of questionable quality.  One lost it's plastic grip used to hold the tightening screw of the bracing leg (which required a screwdriver to tighten it in the end), while the other one had loose thread for the tightening screw's shaft by the second day of use - and it was just bought 2 days prior!

For those that are going to have banners, do yourself a favor, invest in the more expensive X-braces.  If you get what we bought, you'll end up throwing them away after a few times (or end up spending money to fix it).

4. We should make sure we get enough rest prior to the event.
Because we had a final discussion on Friday, I didn't sleep at all and on Saturday had to travel from Ermita (to help setup the table) to Fairview (to talk to some CCGers about P•U•G•S), then back again.  Needless to say I was pretty wasted and coupled with only a few hours sleep leading to Sunday, I was really sleepy for most of the day.

5. Ben 10 CCG seemed unpolished.
Bankee was there promoting the Ben 10 CCG, and Paolo was able to get us to borrow it for the night and learn the game (a potential tie-in with them after all).

Unfortunately I feel that the people who made the game was just cashing in on the popularity of the show and not really respecting the source material.  Will it get the kids to buy it?  Definitely.  Will an experienced CCG player but it?  Doubtful.

The game suffers from a poorly written manual and the best way to learn the game is to have it taught to you by one that is familiar with it - like Bankee's Demo Team, or even us, since we took the time to learn it then.

6. We need booth bunnies!
Admittedly guys will be drawn to a booth/table with cuties there - since they're our primary target.  And if a girl sees another girl teaching / playing CCGs, their interest might be piqued.

7. So many temptations... TOYS!  I meant TOYS!
One of the few times I'm glad that I don't have a lot of money (although having too little is bad as well).  If I had the spare cash, I most likely would've gone for the Transformers Risk and Stratego versions, not counting pawing through the old comic books to find stuff that might complete my small collection, or really blowing a wad of cash on the anime babe figurines.  At least looking was free... and boy did I ogle some of the stuff. Very Happy

Personal gripe.
@#$%*!!  The cosplay was done on the floor, rather than on the stage!  I didn't get to see most of them... although I got a glimpse of some of them as the lined up by the side ready to strut in front of the judges.  Why the heck would I want to see the emcees all the time, as they hogged the stage area... grr grr grrrr...

And don't even get me started on how for 3 years now they can't even decently pronounce most of the cosplayer's characters or the show they come from.  Heck, the female emcee doesn't even know who Jason Vorhees is!!!  Where's my chainsaw... Evil or Very Mad

Conclusion
Was our presence there successful?  I say a definite YES!  We got to open talks with Bankee, we learned a new CCG, and we had a lot of positive response to both Fight Klub and P•U•G•S

Darth V

"I game, therefore I am..."
See what kind of Deviant I am...
Do you play tabletop games? Join TW today... you won't regret it.

I'm definitely NOT the girl in the avatar pic... I just like her.
Back to top Go down
http://fvector.deviantart.com/

Post-mortem... P•U•G•S in TAG-COM
Page 1 of 1